Click the Following Tabs to View Slide Shows

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Tonight we visited Bri at the ER...
So good to see Bri!...
But...
ER not a good thing...

Mye went down for a nap around 1:30pm. Around 3pm she wailed and yelled, "I don't want my ear to hurt anymore!" Temp. 99.9. The past week she has had a cough and runny nose so I figured she had an ear infection and took her to Urgent Care where she was put on amoxacillin. She had her first dose around 6:15pm and some more Tylenol around 7pm. Her temp was 99.9 again.

The girls went to bed around 9pm. I finished sewing the final curtain for the RV while May watched a John Piper video.  I went down to the RV to hang it up and came back up to the house. I sat down at the computer to respond to a facebook post when I heard this strange repeating whistle/wheeze. Rushing into the girls room I found Myelle on her side(Thank God!), limp, wheezing, and breath rattling. I reached for her face and found she had vomited. She was unresponsive. I scooped her up and rushed her to the couch where May was. We cleaned her face and tried to suction out the phlem. After 5 min of her just lying there unresponsive, wheezing, and rattling, we decided to take her to the hospital. We figured that she had had a seizure and was now in the post ictal period. We had no idea how long the seizure lasted. I was worried that she aspirated some of the vomit. I sat in the back with her holding her head while May drove. Sey was kind of dazed. She was awesome though. She never complained, and we never had an issue with her while we were dealing with Mye.

Brianna greeted us(It was so comforting to see her), and we were taken to a room. Pulse ox 84. Mye was put on O2. MD suctioned out some more stuff from her nose. Temp 99 something. It took her 30 min from the time I found her for her to start moving. It took her an hour to finally say Mama. She became very agitated then. She had a chest x-ray taken, and it was fine. Yay! Relief. We were able to go home. Poor little thing is so tired. We are sleeping in the living room together tonight. I do not want her out of my sight.

It is interesting that this verse has been on my mind this week:
"Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow.  God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes."
Matthew 6:33-34
He does! I worry so much about THINGS. It is not worth it. God is in control WHATEVER happens.
I have no idea what will happen tomorrow, but God has me. He is ENOUGH.
"Delight yourselves in the Lord, yes, find your joy in Him at all times." Philippians 4:4

Please pray with us that Mye and Sey have no further seizures. This is Mye's fourth. Her last one was in March of this year. Selah has had 7, I believe. Her last one was July 29, 09

3 comments:

JR said...

Congratulations on a wonderful blog.
Jonas

LadyJ said...

Praying for The girls this morning. God has given you a beautiful verse to focus on.

Unknown said...

I'm sorry ;( We love you guys and are praying for the girls.