Click the Following Tabs to View Slide Shows

Monday, October 17, 2011

Sitting on the couch by a sleeping beauty right now.
We had a wonderfully full day of church and then fun at Moogie and Gumpy's house.
Sunday night we kind of had a rough night though.
Mye had a seizure.
We put the girls to bed at nine. Around 10:50pm I heard Mye say something so I went to check on her. She would respond to me, but she was groggy and a little twitchy. I knew something was not right so I went to get the tympanic thermometer. Temp 102.2. Oh, boy! I stripped her and grabbed the rectal thermometer to get a more accurate temp. As her temp was measuring, she went in to a grand mal. May ran to get her rescue medication called diastat, and I gave it to her. The seizure lasted only about 3 min. Thank the Lord!
She was so tired. I let her sleep for 20 minutes then coaxed her into taking some Ibu. We let her sleep again until midnight then I gave her some Tylenol. She continued to be out of it not saying anything that made since. At 12:15am Mye opened her eyes and started singing loudly and making the motions,"If your happy and you know it clap your hands (clap clap) If your happy and you know it say amen (AMEN!)" Totally wild timing, but totally awesome! We totally cracked up! God has an unexpected way of comforting us sometimes. It was also a cool illustration of rejoicing in the midst of trials. ;)
A few min later she was back to wailing and saying nonsense and pinching me. After awhile she calmed down and got back to saying a few more random stuff:  "Can I watch Halo Babies when Daddy comes home?" (Daddy was right there.) "He leads me in paths of righteousness for His name sake." (That one kind of worried me since it was psalm 23 ;) "I don't want the burger." (There was no food anywhere)"The grey stuff is pig."(She usually says that when she eats sausage) "Remember the sabbath day and keep it Holy." What surprised me the most was that even though she was out of it. She was quoting scripture.  Let me encourage you to keep on telling those kiddos about Jesus. It IS getting into them and comes out, even when they are vulnerable.  God Is So Good!

No comments: